Day 1: Arrive in NYC
- Morning flight from Tampa to maximize your day in NYC.
- Meet your full-time tour director at the airport. Your trip will feature a local New Yorker managing the trip’s logistics, and providing stories and local flair.
- Midtown Manhattan Walking Tour Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central, Fifth Avenue, etc.
- Included Dinner
- Visit the bustling new business development of Hudson Yards, where we’ll learn about what it takes to develop a new business district in New York City, and we’ll visit The Edge, a stunning observation deck where you can take in the entire skyline from one vantage point.
Day 2: Explore NYC
- 4-Hour Guided Motor Coach Tour of NYC
A great way to get an overview of the enormous city! We’ll use a bus to explore the varieties of neighborhoods, making little stops along the way.
- 9/11 Museum, Memorial & World Trade Center Area
This powerful museum explores one of the defining moments of the city’s and country’s history. And the whole memorial area will be a fantastic opportunity to focus on the design process that went into making such a complex set of buildings.
- Included Dinner
- We’ll hear a talk on the business and technology that makes Times Square what it is, followed by free time.
Day 3: NYC
- Visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
A short ferry ride will take us back in time to tell the story of the construction of the iconic symbol of America, and the history of European immigration into the country.
- Discover the Financial District
We’ll hear a talk on how New York’s financial system works, playing a pivotal role in powering the global economy.
- Optional: Evening Ice Skating in Central Park!
It’s winter in New York City…so why not explore the
- John’s Pizza Extravaganza! All you can eat pizza at the legendary pizzeria, the second oldest in New York. We’ll eat at their Times Square location, a beautiful converted old church.
Day 4: Technology & Business Focus
- Technology, Business & Design Career Roundtable
We’ll meet some New Yorkers in various fields to pull back the curtain on their experiences working in those careers.
- Company visits
We’ll arrange small groups of students to visit various companies’ offices and see life from the inside.
- Visit Greenwich Village or Chinatown
- Broadway Show
Day 5: Return home
- Time to look at the bustling technology, design and business hub of Dumbo, Brooklyn! After walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, we’ll see the incredible structures and companies that have been built along New York’s waterfront, ushering in a new community of technology companies.
- After lunch, you’ll depart from the airport to return home.