Day 1: Travel day!
- Board your coach at the school and depart for the airport
- Arrive into Washington DC in the evening
- Check in to your hotel
- Pizza party anyone?
Day 2: Capitol Hill, the Constitution & Smithsonian’s
- Grab your selfie at the White House and learn the stories that helped build the iconic home
- Visit Capitol Hill! After a guided tour of the Nations Capitol, take a picture at the Library of Congress; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- National Treasure? Let’s see the most important storage facility in the United States, the National Archives. See the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence, and understand how they impact our lives today and ensure our basic freedoms.
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums from American History to Natural History
- Tonight we visit iconic memorials! Learn about World War II, Martin Luther King, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson
Day 3: Pay your respect and then step back in time!
- Pay your respects at Arlington National Cemetery to the hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who sacrificed their lives for our country. See the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and reflect on the true meaning of sacrifice while Taps is played to honor the fallen soldiers.
- Explore Mount Vernon, George Washington’s estate, and tour the mansion he shared with Martha. Tour the grounds, visit the graves of George and Martha and learn about life on the plantation.
- Visit the historic town of Old Town Alexandria. Walk the beautiful streets and follow in the footsteps of many of our Founding Fathers. A special Ghost tour is planned after dinner where you will hear stories of some of the most interesting past residents!
Day 4: Remember, explore and take off into space!
- Learn about the tragic events that caused the Holocaust as you visit the Holocaust Museum Memorial
- We have tickets to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum which has the world’s premier collection of air and space artifacts, stories, and expertise. Plus we will see a special IMAX show!
- Does DC have wild animals? Let’s see at a visit to the National Zoo where over 2,100 species live!
- Visit amazing memorials, including the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial
Day 5: More to do before you leave!
- Stop in at Fords Theatre and hear about that fateful day when the President was assassinated. Tour the museum where you will see special exhibits from that day!
- There is just enough time for a group photo at the most recognized monument in DC, the Washington Monument!
- Depart for home with memories that will last a lifetime!