Day 1: Arrival into Boston!
- Lunchtime! Clam Chowda anyone?
- Introduction to Boston’s Back Bay
- Freedom Trail – From the Boston Common, to the State House, Old Granary Burial Ground, Old State House, Site of the Boston Massacre and so much more!
- Dinner of your choice at Boston’s Famous Faneuil Hall
Day 2: Red Sox and Pilgrims
- Start your day with a visit and tour of the iconic Fenway Park! Learn the history, the stories and the climb up to the famous Green Monster!
- Head to Plymouth – see Plymouth Rock and tour the Gristmill
- Explore the Plimouth Patuxet and see what life was like for the Pilgrims and local indigenous peoples
- Mayflower II – Climb aboard and experience what the 1620 crossing was like for the Pilgrims! Explore the ship and hear stories of life onboard from expert guides.
- Visit the 17th Century English Village – Meet the people who live there and ask questions about life on the settlement. You can lend a hand in the garden, learn a dance , serve in the milita or even help with chores! It’s like jumping into a history book!
- Interact with the Historic Patuxet where you learn about the Native peoples who have lived here from over 12,000 years.
- Thanksgiving dinner? You bet! What happened when two cultures met along New England’s shores? The way we eat today is influenced by the cultures that met 400 years ago. Step back in time and enjoy traditional English and Native foods with an authentic Thanksgiving dinner hosted by Governor Bradford himself! He will lead us in prayer and discuss the Pilgrim’s religious beliefs.
- Tonight we enjoy bowling – Boston style! Now, this is a real cultural experience!
Day 3: Jump into the Revolution!
- Head to Lexington Green and re-create the battle the Minutemen faced when the British arrived
- Head to Concord and step back in history to the “Shot Heard ‘Round the World!
- Lunch like a freshman at Harvard Square
- Continue the Freedom Trail with stops in Boston’s historic North End. See the Old North Church, Paul Revere’s House and Copp’s Hill Burial Ground.
- Tonights dinner? You guessed it – Italian!
- Head to the Prudential Center and enjoy the brand new Observatory for the best view of Boston you will ever see!
Day 4: Bunker Hill, Old Ironsides, Fish & Tea
- Start the day at the New England Aquarium, including an IMAX show
- Visit the Charlestown Navy Yard and climb aboard the toughest ship in the fleet, Old Ironsides! Hear the stories of how this ship was never defeated in battle!
- Climb up to the Bunker Hill Monument and learn about the battle that helped start the Revolution
- Finish our day at the Boston Tea Party Ship & Museum and learn about that famous day when we tossed tea into the harbor in protest. In fact, you can also throw some tea while you’re there!
- Depart for home with memories that will last a lifetime!