Day 1 — Saturday, April 29 — DEPARTURE
- 3:25pm — Depart from SFO
Day 2 — Sunday, April 30 — Classic Paris (The Right Bank)
- Arrive into Paris CDG at 11:15am, and take a transfer bus to our central hotel. And we’ll beat the jet lag by walking our way through Paris today!
- Lunch in a Parisian café along the Seine river in front of Notre Dame, the physical and symbolic heart of Paris.
- Walking tour of the Ile de la Cite, the physical and symbolic center of Paris, an island in the middle of the Seine River.
- Learn the stunning stories behind landmarks like Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville, the Bastille.
- Walk the grand avenue of the Champs-Elysées, and finish at the top of the Arc de Triomphe.
- In the evening we’ll go to a French market to shop for a picnic dinner at sunset on the Champ de Mars, in front of the Eiffel Tower. There’s nothing more Parisian to don on a lovely spring evening.
- We’ll finish this first day ascending to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Day 3 — Monday, May 1 — Student Paris (The Left Bank)
- The Latin Quarter. We’ll see French middle schools, high schools, universities and learn about the educational system in Paris.
- Learn about French food by visiting the Rue Mouffetard — a charming, classic French market street.
- Luxemburg Gardens.
- Today we’ll visit Les Invalides, which served as the scene for several key events in French history, and houses Napoleon’s Tomb.
- Dive deep into the Paris Catacombs.
- Sunset boat cruise
Day 4 — Tuesday, May 2 — Foodie Paris
- After two days of the most iconic sites of Paris, it’s time to get a little … different!
- Unique experience: a French chocolate making class experience!
- Learn about the unique shops and stories of the Rue du Bac – a street of hidden gems that tells the story of Paris. Students will have the opportunity to order crepes or other French treats at a café.
- We’ll make a visit to the Museum of Chocolate and learn the French traditions of this treat
- Lunch in a Parisian apartment, cooked by a local! Learn about Paris life and food from a local.
WEDNESDAY May 3 – Day 5 — Royal Paris
- We’ll spend the morning at the Louvre Museum, old palace of the kings
- We’ll see the area’s opulent architecture, like the Palais Garnier Opera House
- Palais-Royal Gardens & Tuileries Garden
- Charming Square du Vert-Galant
- Wander through the floors of the Galleries Lafayette department store
THURSDAY May 4 – Day 6 – Hip Paris
- Paris isn’t just a historical town, it’s a bustling, living and breathing city. From fashion to street art to more residential neighborhoods, today we’ll focus on contemporary Paris and what Parisians are doing today to transform the city.
- Canal Saint-Martin neighborhood tour
- Included Street Art Tour & Workshop. Street art in certain neighborhoods has become a real thing.
- Oberkampf & North Marais boutiques & galleries
- Belleville neighborhood
FRIDAY May 5 – Day 7 — Artistic Paris
- We’ll finish the trip focusing on what Paris is most often known for: the artists who have lived and created in the city.
- Experience the Musee d’Orsay, completing our lesson in art history by looking at modern and contemporary art, including the famous Impressionists.
- Walking Tour of Montmartre, including the Moulin Rouge
- Sacré-Cœur Basilica, including an optional climb to the top
- Farewell Dinner
May 6 – Day 8 – Return Home
Depart Paris CDG for a direct flight to SFO.