Skip to content
Pinellas Takes NYC!
February 18-22, 2023 • 5 Days • Focus on Business, Technology, Media and Design
Pinellas is headed back to New York City in 2023! We’ll explore the companies that make it such an important business and technology hub, and immerse ourselves in the communities and culture that make New York the most diverse city on earth. Along the way we’ll see all the famous sights and neighborhoods!
Trip at a Glance
After the success of our trip to NYC in 2019 and 2020, Pinellas is back, ready to tackle another 5 phenomenal days in NYC! Our adventure will follow the themes of business, technology, media and design as we explore the city, from its iconic sights and Broadway shows to off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods with fascinating stories. We’ll operate a safe and well-executed tour, thanks to a full-time local tour guide handling everything behind the scenes.
This itinerary is likely to change slightly due to operating tours during the global pandemic. Any modifications will always be clearly communicated to you as they happen.
Day 1 – Feb 18 – Saturday Departure
- Morning flight from Tampa to maximize your day in NYC.
- Meet your full-time tour director at the airport. Your trip will feature a local New Yorker managing the trip’s logistics, and providing stories and local flair.
- Midtown Manhattan Walking Tour Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central, Fifth Avenue, etc.
- Included Dinner
- Visit the bustling new business development of Hudson Yards, where we’ll learn about what it takes to develop a new business district in New York City, and we’ll visit The Edge, a stunning observation deck where you can take in the entire skyline from one vantage point.
Day 2 – Feb 19
- 4-Hour Guided Motor Coach Tour of NYC
A great way to get an overview of the enormous city! We’ll use a bus to explore the varieties of neighborhoods, making little stops along the way.
- 9/11 Museum, Memorial & World Trade Center Area
This powerful museum explores one of the defining moments of the city’s and country’s history. And the whole memorial area will be a fantastic opportunity to focus on the design process that went into making such a complex set of buildings.
- Included Dinner
- We’ll hear a talk on the business and technology that makes Times Square what it is, followed by free time.
Day 3 – Feb 20
- Visit the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
A short ferry ride will take us back in time to tell the story of the construction of the iconic symbol of America, and the history of European immigration into the country.
- Discover the Financial District
We’ll hear a talk on how New York’s financial system works, playing a pivotal role in powering the global economy.
- Optional: Evening Ice Skating in Central Park!
It’s winter in New York City…so why not explore the
- John’s Pizza Extravaganza! All you can eat pizza at the legendary pizzeria, the second oldest in New York. We’ll eat at their Times Square location, a beautiful converted old church.
Day 4 – Feb 21
- Technology, Business & Design Career Roundtable
We’ll meet some New Yorkers in various fields to pull back the curtain on their experiences working in those careers.
- Company visits
We’ll arrange small groups of students to visit various companies’ offices and see life from the inside.
- Visit Greenwich Village or Chinatown
- Broadway Show
Day 5 – Feb 22 – Tuesday Return Home
- Time to look at the bustling technology, design and business hub of Dumbo, Brooklyn! After walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, we’ll see the incredible structures and companies that have been built along New York’s waterfront, ushering in a new community of technology companies.
- After lunch, you’ll depart from the airport to return home.
About the Owner & Company
Owner & Tour Guide
Mitch is the owner of the company, and will be your tour guide. He has nearly 20 years’ experience leading student tour groups around the world. He is a graduate of the University of Paris-Sorbonne, with majors in History and Philosophy, and runs a tour guide training school called TripSchool. He’s the author of four travel guidebooks for New York City, Boston, and D.C., and is in demand as an international travel industry speaker. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC.
The TripADVENTURES Difference
- 100% Customized Tour
Nothing is cookie cutter. Every trip is tailored to what your school wants to experience, and we go out of our way to make your trip something you can’t get elsewhere.
- Authentic, local experiences, not just photo stops and sightseeing. We think your student deserves to see and experience something real and transformative for them. We travel like a local: we’ll take trains, ferries, walking the streets, and eat like a local. You won’t be tourists.
- Better Quality, Better Price. Central hotels. We don’t skimp on quality by staying an hour away from the cities, and yet we can offer a better price because we don’t spend on marketing. We run on word of mouth based on our quality, which means your money goes to the trip, not to office space and glossy brochures.
- 20 Years of Leading Student Tours. Our entire team is made up of experienced student travel professionals who love what they do, and that shows in the tour.
- Private Tour Director to handle safety, logistics and education.
- 5-day trip
- Roundtrip Airfare from Tampa airport
- Admission to all included activities
- Transportation throughout the trip via subway and motor coach.
- 4 Nights Hotel Accommodation (based on 3-4 students per room)
- Breakfasts & Dinners Included
- Walking & City Tours
- Broadway Show
- Private hotel security every evening
approximate trip cost FOR STUDENTS: $1,979
(Final trip cost may fluctuate slightly based on enrollment numbers. Trip price are based on student lodging of 3-4 per room. If you are an adult, or wishing your student to have special rooming requests, cost will be higher.) Current price is based on 45 students and 5 chaperones. Chaperone rooming is two adults to a room.
Enroll with your school’s organizing teacher
Questions? Email [email protected] or speak with the teacher in charge of the trip at your school.
Registration Opens Soon!
Important Details, please read
- To start, all you need to do is pay a non-refundable deposit to secure your spot.
- While payment is made directly to your school, as the tour operator of the trip you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions are clearly laid out here. Please take a moment to read them, since they include information about cancellation and refunds.
- We are committed above all to the health and safety of your student, and will follow all local and national guidelines for post-covid travel.
3rd Party Travel Insurance Offer
- Given what has happened with covid-19, We highly, highly recommend 3rd-party travel insurance to protect your investment. We offer it to you through our travel partner, Travel Insured International.
- Basic travel protection is included in every trip, but once we’ve paid our non-refundable deposits, we cannot return that money to you (as outlined in our terms & conditions). Purchasing this extra insurance allows you to “cancel for any reason” and receive the majority of your money back.
- This travel insurance is not purchased through TripAdventures, it is a contract between you and the insurance company. Again, we provide protections for unforeseen eventualities during the tour included at no extra cost; this is offered given the extraordinary circumstances of the past two years. We cannot issue insurance refunds, since we are not connected with the insurance company. You are under no obligation to purchase the insurance.
- The insurance should be purchased within 14 days of deposit payment, to receive full coverage.
Please note that this insurance is a transaction between you and Travel Insured, and not the tour operator.
Travel Insurance coming soon